Confident comedienne Rebel Wilson just celebrated the launch of her clothing line, Rebel X Angels this past Tuesday. The collection features retro-inspired bathing suits, stretchy jeans and sequined dresses for plus-sized women. Here are five facts about the star that you probably weren’t aware of.
1. She graduated from the Australian Theatre for Young People in 2003.
2. She has three siblings: two sisters named Liberty and Annachi and a brother named Ryot.
3. In 2011, Wilson was a spokesperson for Jenny Craig Australia. Shortly after it was announced that the Pitch Perfect producers prevented her from losing weight, Wilson disbanded the partnership.
4. She hates running. “I suck at it! I’m really slow,” she said.
5. Wilson fights for what is right. Just last week, Wilson won a defamation lawsuit, suing a publication that falsely reported that Rebel was her birth name and she was related to Walt Disney.
“I had to take a stand. I had to stand up to a bully, a media organization Bauer Media Group who maliciously took me down in May 2015 with a series of grubby and completely false articles,” Wilson wrote in an Instagram post.
Just crushed my defamation case in Australia x thank you to all my family, friends and supporters! I had to take a stand. I had to stand up to a bully, a media organization Bauer Media Group who maliciously took me down in May 2015 with a series of grubby and completely false articles. Far too often tabloid magazines and the 'journalists' who work for them don't abide by professional ethics. Far too often their conduct can only be described as disgraceful and disgusting! I'm glad that the lovely ladies of the jury have agreed with me. Their unanimous and overwhelming verdict has sent a clear message. I love my job as an actress and as an entertainer and I look forward to rebuilding my career now that the record has been set straight. Thank you so much everybody!
Wilson will next appear in the highly anticipated Pitch Perfect 3, which is currently filming. In the film, she sports several pieces from her collection, including a silver sequined dress and comfortable jeans.
You can shop Rebel X Angels in July at major retailers like Nordstrom, Dillards, Lord & Taylor, Hudson’s Bay, and Addition Elle, and the styling subscription service Dia & Co.
Wilson’s line will start at a women’s size 16. “Just because you’re not a size two or four [doesn’t mean] you can’t have style,” she told Cosmopolitan.