Last week it was reported that Bachelor in Paradise filming was suspended after sexual misconduct allegations were being made. There has been a lot of discussion and statements made by the Demario Jackson and Corinne Olympios who were both involved with the allegations. Jackson has said “It’s unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations,”and Olympios has said “As a woman, this is my worst nightmare and it has now become my reality,”. After all the controversy and debate, Warner Bros has released their statement to People that there was no evidence of misconduct and that the show will resume filming. The Warner Bros statement said:
“As we previously stated, we recently became aware of allegations regarding an incident on the set of Bachelor in Paradise in Mexico. We take all such allegations seriously. The safety, security and well-being of the cast and crew is our number one concern, and we suspended filming so that the allegations could be investigated immediately and thoroughly. Our internal investigation, conducted with the assistance of an outside law firm, has now been completed. Out of respect for the privacy interests of those involved, we do not intend to release the videotape of the incident. We can say, however, that the tape does not support any charge of misconduct by a cast member. Nor does the tape show, contrary to many press reports, that the safety of any cast member was ever in jeopardy. Production on this season of Bachelor in Paradise will be resuming, and we plan to implement certain changes to the show’s policies and procedures to enhance and further ensure the safety and security of all participants.”
For now it is uncertain if Jackson and Olympios will be joining the rest of the cast to resume filming of Bachelor in Paradise. According to the statement ABC gave People, the show is expected to air this summer.
Check out host, Chris Harrison’s, tweet about the continuation of the Bachelor in Paradise filming:
Thank you for your patience, trust and loyalty #BachelorNation and to our entire Bachelor family
— Chris Harrison (@chrisbharrison) June 20, 2017