It’s been announced that after Colin Trevorrow exit from writing and directing Star Wars: Episode IX, J.J. Abrams will take on the role. Here is all you need to know.
1. After the former director of Star Wars left, J.J. Abrams was confirmed to be co-writing the film with Chris Terri.
2. “With The Force Awakens, J.J. delivered everything we could have possibly hoped for, and I am so excited that he is coming back to close out this trilogy,” said Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy in a statement.
3. According to some rumors the reason why Trevorrow is no longer writing the film is because of issues with the script.
4. This is what the official statement said about Trevorrow no longer writing the Episode IX:
“Lucasfilm and Colin Trevorrow have mutually chosen to part ways on Star Wars: Episode IX. Colin has been a wonderful collaborator throughout the development process, but we have all come to the conclusion that our visions for the project differ. We wish Colin the best and will be sharing more information about the film soon.”
5. This is not the first time that the movie director has been replaced while working on the Star Wars project.