What if you could wear a baseball cap on your finger? Thanks to the conceptual jewelry brand, Jean Louis Casquette, you literally can.
1. The company formed three years ago when two friends wanted to create a ring topped with something special. They decided on the baseball cap because it is an everyday item that’s not necessarily suitable for every occasion.
2. They use 3D printing to create metal baseball caps in different shapes and sizes.
3. 3D printing, which is typically performed with plastics materials, is not usually done with metal. The site describes the process as follows: “First, we realize printing with wax, which is then plastered with any metal. Finally, the jewel is cleaned, and polished in the desired way.”
4. The standard design is a baseball cap called the “Caskate.” The designs come in polished and matte silver and gold and several shades of stainless steel. There are also colored options in every hue of the rainbow.
5. The pieces, which were featured on French boutique Colette’s Instagram several days ago, are actually pretty affordable, ranging from $20-$60.
Purchase one of these fun adornments and you will give a whole new meaning to the term “sporty style.”