Miranda Kerr was one of the panelists at Gwyneth Paltrow’s Goop Health in California, talking about her wedding, crystals and the new type of yoga she’s been practicing – Kundalini yoga.
Miranda says that she enjoys this yoga because it “includes a lot of breath work and chanting and meditation.”
Here are 7 things to know about Kundalini Yoga.
1. Kundalini Yoga is also called laya yoga, and the practice includes meditation, chanting, yoga asana. The postures are concentrating on navel activity, activity of the spine, breathing.
2. Some people call it “the yoga of awareness”
3. The name kundalini means “circular, bowl, ring”
4. Kundalini yoga comes from the mix of Hatha Yoga, Pradipika and the Shiva Samhita.
5. The techniques and daily practice are oriented towards the meditation, visualization, absorption of human consciousness to achieve its total creative potential and bodily maturation.
6. By practicing Kundalini Yoga, a person is able to separate himself from the Karma and realize one’s Dharma (life purpose).
7. Kundalini yoga can help break bad habits, fight fatigue, clear emotional tension, detoxify the body.