The 23rd Annual SAG Awards ceremony took place at the Shrine Auditorium on January 29, 2017 in Los Angeles, California. Here are some of the highlights, red carpet moments and winners you missed if you didn’t watch the show.
1. Dev Patel forgot his tickets and almost didn’t get in to the SAG Awards.
2. Claire Foy, the star of the Netflix show The Crown, wore Valentino. In the interview with Giuliana Rancic she said she keeps her Golden Globes award in the toilet, saying she doesn’t want to show off.
3. Evan Rachel Wood, the star of Westworld called the show: “Acting olympics”, explaining that the actors who play hosts, play five different characters and artificial beings that work completely different than humans. Evan said it’s incredibly challenging to play a role of Dollores but very rewarding.
4. The reason why Sofia Vergara wore a daring look to the Golden Globes is because as she said: “When, if not now? I’m almost 45”. She also said of the dress she wore to the SAG awards that it makes her feel comfortable and she thinks she looks like ballerina.
5. Casey Affleck explained that the reason he didn’t thank Ben Affleck when accepting the Golden Globes award is because he wasn’t involved in a movie. Simple as that.
6. Ashton Kutcher, in the opening bit of SAG awards said he is: “a citizen of the world and a professional lier.” He added: ”Welcome everyone that belong in my America”.
7. A lot of actors mentioned the situation that’s happening in the US relating to different executive orders, supporting the immigrants and refuges.
8. Lily Tomlin received a Life Achievement award. Dolly Parton, 71, awarded it to her and was as fun as ever. Parton is famous for her plastic surgeries and she joked that people backstage asked her about ID or some kind of Ds.
9. Lily Tomlin in her acceptance speech said that she is very honored to be awarded the Lifetime Achievement award and will make a big entry into her gratitude journal. She concluded her speech saying:
“As long as I don’t have to audition I might just be back.”
Click here to read more about Lily Tomlin speech at SAG 2017.
10. Winona Ryder looked super weird, making crazy gestures and faces when her costar David Harbor was giving a speech while accepting the award for the best ensemble cast in a drama series.
11. Jonah Hill presented the SAG award to Emma Stone. She won female actor in a leading role and Jonah looked super happy about her. Emma Watson was so excited to win that she said she was gonna faint but did an amazing job thanking all of her fellow nominees. She mentioned how excited she is to be part of the community of actors who care about the issues we are facing right now.