Yesterday, Gigi Hadid stepped out in an all-pink ensemble to celebrate her partnership with Vogue Eyewear. The 70s-inspired look featured a shiny pink moto jacket and matching streamlined bell-bottoms in a shade of bubblegum that would make Elle Woods proud.
Hadid looks like a real-life Barbie, thanks to the soon-to-be-known brand Kreist. Here are some facts you should know about this cool-girl label.
1. Polish-born Krzysztof Strozyna is the brain behind Kreist. He is a graduate of Central St. Martins in London.
2. Strozyna received financial support by the British Fashion Council to start his line, after he was named a New Gen alumnus. According to the BFC site, “NEWGEN is a BFC initiative that supports the very best emerging talent and aims to build global, high end fashion brands of the future.”
3. Strozyna’s aesthetic centers on creating street-wear with high-fashion influences. His signatures include studded biker jackets, fringed denim pieces and tailored cotton blouses.
4. Each product is ethically produced in Poland by local sewing firms, milliners and leatherworkers. All the materials are purchased within the EU.
5. Hadid isn’t the only fan of the label. Lady Gaga sported a white Kreist jacket embellished with Swarovski crystals during a performance of “Million Reasons” in Japan last December. Other celeb fans include Cheryl Cole and Cara Delevingne.