1. Harvey Weinstein pleads not guilty on rape and criminal sex act charges. He appeared in court on Tuesday, June 5th in New York.
2. $1M bail has been posted while he awaits trial.
3. Harvey Weinstein who is 66, was seen walking with the limp as he entered the courtroom.
4. He’s denied all allegations.
5. Benjamin Brafman is Weinstein’s lawyer who claims that there is a credibility question in regards to the victims that are suing Weinstein.
“Mr Weinstein today is presumed innocent,” he said. “He has denied these charges and intends to fight them. These cases have created a firestorm of publicity. My job is to defend specific allegations of sexual misconduct, not the issue of the Hollywood casting couch over the last 30 or 100 years.”
6. Two women are claiming Weinstein sexually assaulted them.
7. One accuser did not want to identify herself but said that “Weinstein cornered her in a hotel room and raped her”.
8. Another accuser Lucia Evans said he made her perform oral sex on him in 2004.
9. The next date when Weinstein is expected in court is September 20th.